VMware Cloud Community
Cyberfed27
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Easy question - ESXi patching - rollup?

Ok folks this should be an easy one. I have several ESXi 5.0 hosts that are sitting at ESXi 5.0 Patch 4.

They reside in a secure environment with no access to the internet. I would like to patch them with the latest ESXi patches.

My question is can I jump straight to the latest patch (according to VMware its 5.0 Patch 11) or do I have to step through each patch bundle 5, 6, 7 ect...11.

If I do just the 5.0 Patch 11 does that include all the other updates from the other patch packages?

Thx!

3 Replies
RyanH84
Expert
Expert

Hi,

I'm confident that ESXi patches are cumulative, so everything is included. As you are just jumping in patch versions you should be able to go from patch 4 to patch 11 as you asked!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Regards, Ryan vExpert, VCP5, VCAP5-DCA, MCITP, VCE-CIAE, NPP4 @vRyanH http://vRyan.co.uk
Cyberfed27
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Excellent thank you. That's what I figured but I wanted to make sure.

0 Kudos
homerzzz
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

If you are at patch 4, I would go to Update 3 first, then to patch 11. They are supposed to be cumulative.

0 Kudos