VMware Cloud Community
pcHobbyist
Contributor
Contributor

EXSi 5.0 keeps closing the connection.

Hello All,

I have been trying to get EXSi 5 up and running for a while now and i keep running into the same problem. I started out running ESXi 5.1. On a fresh boot or restart, I could connect using the vSphere client but a minute or two later- regardless of what i did or didnt do, the connection would be closed by the server.  I switched to ESXi 5.0, and now the connection is still being closed, but has become sportatic. I can reconnect almost right away which is an improvment over having to do a full restart.  I have yet to create a single virtual machine because the connection closes before i can finish setting one up.

Any help would be appreciated.

Some details:

I am using a asus NT-R56U router, my htpc with an i3 and a wd black edtion hdd i had laying around for the server.

The ip and dns is set as DHCP, but i assigned an ip address through the router.

The management tests all pass as ok, and i can ping the server.

Below is a link to the zip file created by vmware.

errorReport_20121230-005024.zip  (let me know if its prefered to post the long text files directly into the posting)

My end goal, although distant, is to be running an EXSi machine with two virtual servers: a NAS and terminal server.  The terminal server will provide XMBC applications to the tv's around "mi casa" as well as other terminals around the house, (kids room for example).  I am trying to work out if its plausable before i invest the money into converting everything to a central server.

I am only a pcHobbiest, so please be gentle. Smiley Happy

Thank you in advance,

Terry

0 Kudos
0 Replies