VMware Cloud Community
kurianlinu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

ESXi6.5 File transfer between Centos VM and Windows VM

Hi,

I am using ESXi6.5 and created few CentOS7 VM and Windows VM(server 2019).I need to transfer files between this two VMs. Please help. Unfortunately I don't have Internet access.

Thanks,
Linu 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

2 VMs on the same host, connected to the same port group?

If so, this is no different at all to the way they would communicate if they were physical machines on the same network rather than VMs.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
kurianlinu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I am not aware how to transfer between the CentOS VM and Windows VM ,both are in same host. Is share folder an option?,Please share any link/Doc on this if possible

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You didn't answer my question, but on the assumption that the VMs have network connectivity to one another then this has nothing to do with ESXi.

Yes it will involve shared folders, see this: https://www.howtogeek.com/176471/how-to-share-files-between-windows-and-linux/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos