VMware Cloud Community
pratter
Contributor
Contributor

ESXi5 with P2000 G3 iSCSI

Hello people,

i'm running a P2000 G3 iSCSI since a couple of days, but somehow every night the connection is broken, the ESX Hosts cannot find the P2000 Volume anymore, i need to completely Power OFF/ON the P2000 to make it work again. Maybe there is some misconfiguration, but i'm not sure, parallely i've opened a case in the HP support center.

I use the P2000 just for Test-Servers and primary for Backup via VEEAM. The P2000 is physically in a different building. Picture is attached.

I have 3 x ESXi5 Hosts running with the latest P2000 VAAI Plugin (Version 2.1.0). iSCSI Software is enabled. Path Selection = Round Robin.

P2000 is configured with Controller A and Controller B.

10.87.3.1 - Volume1, Controller A, Owner - Host: VEEAM Backup Server through Microsoft MPIO and ISCSI Iniator

10.87.3.2 - Volume1, Controller B, FailOver-  Host: VEEAM Backup Server through Microsoft MPIO and ISCSI Iniator

10.87.3.100 - Volume2, Controller B, Owner - Host: ESXi5 Hosts

10.87.3.101 - Volume2, Controller A, FailOver - Host: ESXi5 Hosts

10.87.3.0/24 is a VLAN Network on the Internal-LAN Uplink of our Firewall.

The whole ESXi Environment is on a different Uplink, different networks, so everything will be routed through the Firewall.

Each ESXi5 BladeServer has 2 x HP VC FlexFabric 10Gbe. I've no dedicated vSwitch and vKernel-Port for the P2000 iSCSI Traffic. The VLAN for 10.87.3.0/24 is configured in the FlexFabrik for vSwitch2 (you can see on the picture).

Connection and Performance are quite good. DAS (DirectAttachedStorage) is not possible, because i have not enough Fibre-Ports between the buildings.

I know this configuration is quite complicated and don't know if someone can help me finding some misconfiguration, but well, it's a try.

regards

Sascha

0 Kudos
0 Replies