VMware Cloud Community
toxi1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

ESXi wont uninstall

hi all.

i have a dl160 G10 hp server.

so i have ESXi v7 installed, and there is 4 SSD in total.

i booted to bios and cleared all raid configurations and i created raid 0+1 with all 4 SSD.

when I tied to boot USB to windows I got booted to ESXI. so I disconnected all 4 SSD and tried to boot normally and still, i got booted to ESXI is there!!

can someone explain the issue? is there an internal drive not showing anywhere ( windows setup and raid config )

or is there something else I need to understand?

either way how to remove it? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

If all drives are disconnected, then I guess that the server has an internal SD/USB device on which ESXi has been installed.
Check the storage settings in the ESXi web UI, to find out about the size of the device, which may give you a hint.

André

View solution in original post

2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

A moderator should be along to move your thread to the area for ESXi.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

If all drives are disconnected, then I guess that the server has an internal SD/USB device on which ESXi has been installed.
Check the storage settings in the ESXi web UI, to find out about the size of the device, which may give you a hint.

André