VMware Cloud Community
Guardian1234
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

ESXi-v5 and multiple versus single users(s)

I've noticed a discussion that ESXi (not on this site, but in other non-vmware forums and it may have been v4 but the discussion did reference v5 as well) only allows a single user to log in at a time?

I don't currently have access to a machine, so I can't check this (today/tomorrow), but I know that there are at least 3 different admin accts on the 10 or so systems at one of the sites I visit. One is a VM admin, another who deals with storage and still a third one who deals with logs. The ESXi-v5 machines are all using Active Directory. All have logged in via SSH and the vSphere Client and I don't believe I've ever heard of them complaining that only one person could log into the system at a time via SSH or the vSphere Client?

Anyone?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
iw123
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Hi,

Multiple users can log in at the same time.

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
iw123
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Hi,

Multiple users can log in at the same time.

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers
0 Kudos
sparrowangelste
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

you can even logon a few times with the same username at once.

--------------------- Sparrowangelstechnology : Vmware lover http://sparrowangelstechnology.blogspot.com