VMware Cloud Community
PJo201110141
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

ESXi server installation on VMware server

hi

Im trying to install esxi- iso file in a VMware server(in my laptop with 4gb & windows 7 prof). I created a VM and was trying to proceed with installation. Initial steps follows and ends with screen Esc- Repair- Install. In this screen im not getting control n keystrokes/mouse and cannot proceed further. I have found in net that this method will work for practising purposes.Can anybody help me.?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kmriaz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello Pjo

From you question, what I understand is that you are trying to install ESXi on your laptop for testing / learning purpose. I am also assuming that you are trying ESXi 4. ESXi 4 requires 64 bit processor. Your laptop should also support Virtualization. To ensure that your laptop supports virtualization, enter setup and look for something called VT and then enable it if it is not enabled yet.

Once you are done with the abvoe step, download & install latest version of VMWare Workstation. Then create a new Virtual machine, assign atleast 2 GB of RAM and then try to install ESXi 4.

I believe this will help you to start with. If you have any further queries do feel free to write back to me. And if you think that this answer is correct, please mark it correct. If in case it is not correct, but was helpful then mark it has helpful

Many thanks

Riaz

Riaz KM

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
kmriaz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello Pjo

From you question, what I understand is that you are trying to install ESXi on your laptop for testing / learning purpose. I am also assuming that you are trying ESXi 4. ESXi 4 requires 64 bit processor. Your laptop should also support Virtualization. To ensure that your laptop supports virtualization, enter setup and look for something called VT and then enable it if it is not enabled yet.

Once you are done with the abvoe step, download & install latest version of VMWare Workstation. Then create a new Virtual machine, assign atleast 2 GB of RAM and then try to install ESXi 4.

I believe this will help you to start with. If you have any further queries do feel free to write back to me. And if you think that this answer is correct, please mark it correct. If in case it is not correct, but was helpful then mark it has helpful

Many thanks

Riaz

Riaz KM
0 Kudos