VMware Cloud Community
gvenkatsumanth
Contributor
Contributor

ESXi server CPU high Utilization.

Hi,

We implemented VDI in our organization. We have total 11 ESXi servers in my environment. 6 in cluster1 and 5 in cluster2.

In cluster1 we have an average of 7 VM's per core and in cluster2 6 VM's per core. All the VM's are deployed from the same master image.

But utilization on servers in cluster2 is going high frequently. And the VM's taking high CPU are in idle state.

Can anyone help me out with this?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
jimraina
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi gvenkatsumanth ,

Do you have implemented any monitoring tools .If not please do that which will  help to find out exact application taking more resources.

"You are stronger than you think"
0 Kudos
gvenkatsumanth
Contributor
Contributor

I have already installed tools in the master image to check the performance logs of the vm and we found nothing suspicious. All the process are taking the resources normally.

0 Kudos
gvenkatsumanth
Contributor
Contributor

We have provided 1 vcpu to each VM and in the HAL the machine is having acpi x86-based pc.  So is it a uni-processor or a multi-processor?

0 Kudos
shishir08
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Normally lots of CPU cycles are consumed in the VM when the CPU is processing network packets.Could you please check this ,whether the VMs are sending and receiving lots of network packets.

0 Kudos
gvenkatsumanth
Contributor
Contributor

Ya sure. I will check this once.

0 Kudos