VMware Cloud Community
pcburakq
Contributor
Contributor

ESXi says wrong password till i restart management agents?

Hello,

My problem goes like this, i've installed ESXi 6.0.0 to a server, created my virtual servers and everything is working fine.

I wanted to login to esxi today via vsphere client but gotten an error stating invalid username / password.

I went and logged to the server via ipmi / ilo and was able to login just fine, when i restart management agents for a short period of time, i can login with vsphere client again.

But after a while, vsphere cliend, vcenter or ssh starts to reject my password again. And the only way to fix the issue (temporarily) seems to be restarting the management agents.

Has anyone experienced this?

I cannot reinstall the server because my customers are already using their virtual servers so i must come up with a solution, loggin' to ipmi and restarting management agents every single time i need to check or do something is wasting a lot of time.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
2 Replies
parmarr
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello,

See if you can get some useful information from the existing thread vSphere Client says i have wrong password

Sincerely, Rahul Parmar VMware Support Moderator
0 Kudos
RAJ_RAJ
Expert
Expert

Hi ,

I tried below resolved .

Reboot the ESXi server  - Will help you you to login to web

Update esxi with latest ISO 6.5 u1

Disable lockout option on esxi  #   set 0

• Security.AccountLockFailures. Maximum number of failed login attempts before a user's account is locked. Zero disables account locking.
  • Security.AccountUnlockTime. Number of seconds that a user is locked out.

pastedImage_0.png

RAJESH RADHAKRISHNAN VCA -DCV/WM/Cloud,VCP 5 - DCV/DT/CLOUD, ,VCP6-DCV, EMCISA,EMCSA,MCTS,MCPS,BCFA https://ae.linkedin.com/in/rajesh-radhakrishnan-76269335 Mark my post as "helpful" or "correct" if I've helped resolve or answered your query!
0 Kudos