VMware Cloud Community
samansalehi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

ESXi reboot automatically

dear sir I run a ESXi 4.1 in HP DL380 G6 with Two 2.8 quad core hyperthread Xeon CPU and 12 GB RAM DDR3, I connect it with HP MSA Fiber Channel 2012 and run three machine in share storage in one LUN, in one data center and Cluster with VMHA and FT VM1: Web App that use more CPU, VM2:FTP that use Disk and I/O more, and VM3: vCenter. I have 1Gbps Ethernet to LAN, but unfortunately the ESXi Host Reboot automatically, the alert is "network connectivity lost". I reserve CPU and RAM for ESXi, 500MHz, and 500MB, and in resource allocation I allocated more Disk to FTP and More CPU to Web App, but it does not work, it happens when the LAN in peak, so I suspend the vCenter. It looks work properly but I want my vCenter is ON. How can I fix it? Thank you saman salehi
0 Kudos
2 Replies
J1mbo
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

It sounds to me that a seperate management network might be needed.

http://blog.peacon.co.uk

Please award points to any useful answer.

Unofficial List of USB Passthrough Working Devices

0 Kudos
schepp
Leadership
Leadership

as said, seperate the management Lan from the virtual maschine network with seperat hardware NICs.

Also try another switch. I once had random disconnects and the CDP (Cisco Discovery Protocoll) wasn't working as intended. Found out it was an old Switch causing me problems.

Regards

0 Kudos