VMware Cloud Community
Enrico_emilio
Contributor
Contributor

ESXi on HP Proliant microserver Gen 8

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to install ESXi 6.0 via USB and I downloaded the following ISO image with evaluation license.

ESXi ISO image (Includes VMware Tools)

2015-10-06 | 6.0U1a | 352.20 MB | iso

The server is an HP Proliant microserver Gen 8 with Xeon microprocessor.

The installation wizard is able to see the ISO image but if I click on it nothing happens.

Is there some compatibility issue or am I wrong with the installation process?

Thanks in advance

Enrico

6 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

How are you trying to install it? What installation wizard?

Sounds like you are clicking on the ISO from Windows somehow, that will not work...

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
Enrico_emilio
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Linjo I am following the first installation from the HP wizard. The server has no operating system at all and my idea is to use ESXi as hypervisor for different Virtual machines, then I have to install it first.

The HP wizard mention Wmware ESXi as compatible OS, then it asks what source is the file iso (CD, DVD, usb), my image is on a usb memory. I see the file iso but then I have no way to go further.

0 Kudos
DavoudTeimouri
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Did you copy on your USB drive directly?

Please follow this instruction and share the result: Create a Bootable ESXi Installer USB Flash Drive | Virten.net

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Davoud Teimouri - https://www.teimouri.net - Twitter: @davoud_teimouri Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/teimouri.net/
Paltelkalpesh
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes, Make Bootable  CD or DVD and boot server from CD/DVD writer.

ArnisR
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

1. You should use HP customized ESXi iso image
2. Mount ISO file in ILO as virtual drive (You can do it even from remote PC) and boot from them.

Enrico_emilio
Contributor
Contributor

At the end I burned the iso image on the usb key as bootable with Rufus program.

But there was no way to install it via the Intelligent provisioning of HP. Then I installed directly bootting from USB.

Thank for your support

0 Kudos