VMware Cloud Community
v2vineesh
Contributor
Contributor

ESXi not booting from CD and USB

dear team,

i downloaded exsi 5.5  iso file from Vmware official site. but when i try to boot this .iso from  vmware workstation its working fine ,

but its not booting from CD and USB also , i burned ISO file with nero app and and tried to beet from USB with help refuse utility

to make bootable USB drive , both are not working. my server working with another OS CD and USB. while booting from esxi 5.5 CD

"one black cursor just blinking and after 30-45 sec its going to next boot priority (hdd,network )

am using HCL server with 2 xeon cpu , 16GB RAM with Raid 5 , kindly help me

Regards

vineesh v

Message was edited by: a.p. - changed the title from "vineesh v"

0 Kudos
5 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Since the ISO is bootable, one can assume that the downloaded image is healthy. However, you should always verify the checksum(s) to rule out any download issues!

• How exactly do you burn the ISO on the CD (btw. is it a CD or DVD)? Did you select "Burn Image"?
  • Assuming you are using Rufus (assuming "Refuse" is a typo), please post a screenshot with the settings you are using.
  • Provide some details about the host's hardware, like vendor, model, CPU type, RAID controller, ...

André

0 Kudos
v2vineesh
Contributor
Contributor

hi,

am using HCL server with motherboard "ASUS P7F-C Series motherboard!"(Cybertron)

with 2 intel Xeon cpu and 16 GB Ram and currently i just removed Raid controller and connected HDD to mother board directly , no raid configured

and i tried to cd burned with power ISO software . and USB also tried . same problem repeating .

And iso image is health i tested with Vmware workstation player 9, its working fine. but not working in Physical server

Smiley Sad

kindly help

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Please check whether Secure Boot is enabled in the host's BIOS. If enabled, disable it to see whether this allows to boot from CD/USB.

André

0 Kudos
v2vineesh
Contributor
Contributor

there is no option  like secure boot, i tried with disable quick boot option but same problem,

but some times one message coming like "ISOLINUX 3.8 check sum error "

my server booting fine from CD and USB also , I tried with RHEL DVD and USB also, everything working fine

kindly help me

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Just a quick question. Did you already verify the downloaded ISO image's checksum as I mentioned in my first reply.

André

0 Kudos