VMware Cloud Community
Gijs735
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

ESXi memory size error

hello,

I'm installing ESXi on a Dell Optiplex 755 that has 2 GB of RAM. (i'm buying more later) but the installer says: ERROR you have 1,96 GB of memory 1,97 GB of memory is needed.

I try'd to disable my VGA card and all the other hardware in the bios.

and

I try'd to add the line minmemorycheck = "False" (http://www.yellow-bricks.com/2009/05/08/running-vsphere-within-workstation-will-take-up-a-lot-of-mem...)

i'm clueless what to do I orderred some memory already (2GB) but I must wait 10+ days until they sent because the suplyer is slow...

I hope someone can help!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

I'm afraid the only reliable solution is to add more memory. As you might have seen in other discussions, some users were able to install ESXi after e.g. a BIOS update, ..., however with only 2GB RAM - even if you are able to install ESXi - you cannot do much (like installing VMs).

André

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

I'm afraid the only reliable solution is to add more memory. As you might have seen in other discussions, some users were able to install ESXi after e.g. a BIOS update, ..., however with only 2GB RAM - even if you are able to install ESXi - you cannot do much (like installing VMs).

André

0 Kudos
Saman1986
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

ESXi 6.7 requires a minimum of 4 GB of physical RAM. It is recommended to provide at least 8 GB of RAM to run virtual machines in typical production environments.
0 Kudos