VMware Cloud Community
sybux201110141
Contributor
Contributor

ESXi login failure

hi,

I've installed in a lab a small config. 1 Server with ESXi 6.0 build 3620759, 2 vms with PSC and 1 vCenter Appliance.

I can connect on my ESXi from the server (in GUI mode or in local shell).

I can connect to my esxi with vsphere client time to time and here is the point. I can play for a moment but at a moment, if i want to connect to vsphere again, I'm getting an invalid username password error.

But at the same time, I can connect in local shell.

only way to connect back is to restart Manamgement interface then Managed agent.

It's a very strange behevior and like to share if someont get an idea to resolve this.

Thx

0 Kudos
6 Replies
jmbrav0
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

Could you give more information about your Lab?

Are you working with Active Directory?

Do you have firewall?

What user are you using to connect vcenter for?

Regards, JM
0 Kudos
sybux201110141
Contributor
Contributor

It's a very simple Lab.

Actually I've restarted from zero but still have the same issue.

What have been done :

Reinstall ESXi from ISO

Now I'm trying to deploy my 1st PSC but I can't connect to my ESXi. I need to restart as mention network management and Agents.

And now, it's new, in the setup process of my PSC, the setup can't browse the datastore !!

As you can see it's a very simple configuration. The setup of PSC I'm trying to install is running on a VM which is on the ESXi server so there shouldn't be some network failure.

0 Kudos
jmbrav0
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

If it is a simple Lab, why are you using 2 PSC?

Are you going to use two or more vCenters? Are you going to repplicate those PSCs?

If it's going to be a simple lab, maybe you should choose the embedded PSC with vCenter Appliance.

Also I think you are not doing the instalation in a good order.

Regards, JM
0 Kudos
sybux201110141
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry perhaps for the wrong use of word simple.

By simple, I would have said, basic. no firewall, no routers, etc...

My goal is to test how to made in production the same thing : 2 PSC with HA, 2 vCenters connected

I just want to test in lab before implemnting in production Smiley Happy

You're talking about wrong way to do, but i do not agree with you. 1st I install the ESXi, then the VMs to manage it (psc and vcenter).

But in anyway, It didn't explain me why I should restart all management from my ESXi host to get acces to it. this is the first time I see that in my long vmware life.

0 Kudos
jmbrav0
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

:smileylaugh:

Ok, so you are doing the installation ok.

When I've had problems with login on a PSC-vCenter environment I've always resolved this issue by reconfiguring DNS config. Create a DNS record for Platform Services Controller is a prerequisite.

Regards, JM
0 Kudos
sybux201110141
Contributor
Contributor

ok but the problem is not at that point. Actually I can't connect to ESXi so I can't run the setup install of PSC.

As I've said before, I need to restart Managment and Agents to get acces to my ESXi

0 Kudos