VMware Cloud Community
mikee1984
Contributor
Contributor

ESXi inquiry

Hi,

I'm new to ESXi and have just started playing around with it. I know that there is a 32GB limit for the physical memory of the server and the only way to use more than that is to purchase the essential license. Can someone help me to explain what other features I can get if I purchase that license. Another question will be is there a limit to how many servers I can install the ESXi?

Thanks,

mikee1984

0 Kudos
3 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

Welcome to the Community - The biggest features you gain by buying a license if you is the increased memory and the ability to centrally manage multiple ESXi hosts with VMware vCenter which also provides higher order funtions like VMware Hugh Availability, VMware Distrubuted Resource Scheduler and vMotion - this doc will provide additional informaiton http://www.vmware.com/files/pdf/vsphere_pricing.pdf

You can install as many free licenses as you want but you will bave to manage each host seprately -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
ScreamingSilenc

For comparing different license and features offered check

Compare VMware vSphere Editions: Managed Virtualization & Cloud Computing

Please consider marking this answer "correct" or "helpful" if you found it useful.
mikee1984
Contributor
Contributor

Wow thanks for the quick response. This will help whether we will be buying the essential license.

Thanks weinstein5 and Mustafa.

Best regards,

Michael Angelo Manalo

0 Kudos