ESXi

View Only
  • 1.  ESXi VIBS

Posted Jun 24, 2022 05:50 AM

Hello,

I am attempting to upgrade a server from 7.0.1 to 7.0.3  and it fails with below decencies packages. is it safe to remove? and when i try to remove one of VIB net-mst (mellanox) it doesnt remove, how can i proceed upgrade process

mak14_0-1656049551409.png

• 2.  RE: ESXi VIBS

Posted Jun 24, 2022 08:41 AM

Remove VIB by adding full VIB name to your command.

Also another options is fresh installation.

• 3.  RE: ESXi VIBS

Posted Jun 27, 2022 05:36 AM

Thanks for reply,

I believe net-mst is the driver name but when I ran remove commands it does output the result.

we are avoiding fresh installation.

• 4.  RE: ESXi VIBS

Posted Jul 22, 2022 11:52 AM

i was able to remove VIBS using force  upgrade was successful.

to remove VIB- esxcli software vib remove -n scsi-bfa -f

to see the output without actually removing VIB -  esxcli software vib remove -n scsi-bfa -f --dry-run

• 5.  RE: ESXi VIBS

Posted Jun 24, 2022 01:45 PM

Assuming that a vendor customized ESXi installation image is available which contains all required drivers, you can easily update the host from the command line. For this upload the vendor customized Offline Bundle (.zip file) to a folder on a datastore, put the host into Maintenance mode and run the following commands:

esxcli software sources profile list -d /vmfs/volumes/datastore/folder/offline-bundle.zip
    esxcli software profile install -d /vmfs/volumes/datastore/folder/offline-bundle.zip -p <profilename> --ok-to-remove --dry-run

Note: Using "--dry-run" will not apply the patches, but only show what would be done. If you are fine with the command's output, run it again without "--dry-run". The "profile install" option will do a cleanup, i.e. will remove any vibs, which are no longer included in the offline bundle.

If the upgrade completes successfully type reboot to reboot the host

André

• 6.  RE: ESXi VIBS

Posted Jun 24, 2022 06:07 PM

Thank you for reply,

I am using HPE customized zip and still having attached dependencies VIBs.

How do i remove them?