VMware Cloud Community
Michael78
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

ESXi Trail Expired. Can I Download ESXi again?

I downloaded ESXi 5 trial and as I didn't install it at the time I thought the 60 days wouldn't start until I installed ESXi and used the licence.  I've deleted the download and when I've went to download it again it says my trial period has expired and redirects me to a page to buy it.  Can I download ESXi again or do I have to contact VMWare or create a new account to download it?

Thanks for any pointers Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Virtualinfra
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Register with a new account and download the trail version again. Or you have to get in touch with Vmware as you got only 2 option 1 to use the serial keys and 2. To download contact vmware.

Thanks & Regards Dharshan S VCP 4.0,VTSP 5.0, VCP 5.0

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Virtualinfra
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Below is the link to download the free version of ESXI, register and download the ESXI 5 for free and its free license. But you cant manage via vcenter, until you purchase licenses..

https://www.vmware.com/tryvmware/p/landing.php?p=free-esxi5&lp=default&rct=j&q=link+to+download+free...

Award point for the Helpful and correct answer by clicking the below tab. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Michael78
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply but I need the trial version as I need to try out all of the bells and whistles of ESXi like vCentre etc.

0 Kudos
Virtualinfra
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Register with a new account and download the trail version again. Or you have to get in touch with Vmware as you got only 2 option 1 to use the serial keys and 2. To download contact vmware.

0 Kudos
Dave_Mishchenko
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

When you install the free version it is licensed in a 60 days trial of Enterprise Plus until you add a license key.

If you need vCenter again then you would need to sign up again with a different email address.

Michael78
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for the help.  I contacted VMWare and they reset it for me.

0 Kudos