VMware Cloud Community
McGuckin
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

ESXi - System Chassis 1 SysHealth_Stat Yellow

Hello,

I have been trying to get support from VMWare on this but have not gotten any help as of yet. I am running ESXi on an HP ProLiant DL380 Gen10 with 128 gigs of RAM and plenty of storage. I recently linked this to PRTG (monitoring software) which showed me that ESXi has a System Chassis 1 SysHealth_Stat Yellow error. It has now transitioned to a critical stage. I looked online for a while, yet still have no idea what this actually means. All the parts seem to be functioning just fine. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

--
Jack O'Fallon
Systems Administrator
McGuckin Hardware
Labels (6)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
svaghani1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

The "ESXi - System Chassis 1 SysHealth_Stat Yellow" error on your HP ProLiant DL380 Gen10 server is identified as a false positive validation for the fan health of HP Gen10 servers in the vSphere Client. This issue has been addressed in the VMware knowledge base article 78989.

Admittedly, this was observed back in the 6.7 days. Did you run into a version of this?

View solution in original post

12 Replies
e_espinel
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Spoiler

Hello.
The Hardware device alerts received by the ESXi or the monitoring application depend on the driver or firmware level of these devices.

In general it is recommended to perform a server firmware update at least once a year and as long as the manufacturer releases new versions.

Did you install ESXi with the HP custom image or with a VMware standard image?

In HPE the Firmware is updated with the SPP, and in the case of the device drivers through the ESXi Offline Bundle.

There are cases in which the alerts present false positives and these are solved in future driver or firmware versions, such cases are reported and registered by the hardware manufacturer.

Monitoring applications sometimes require plug-ins to be installed according to the hardware they are monitoring.

Enrique Espinel
Senior Technical Support on IBM, Lenovo, Veeam Backup and VMware vSphere.
VSP-SV, VTSP-SV, VTSP-HCI, VTSP
Please mark my comment as Correct Answer or assign Kudos if my answer was helpful to you, Thank you.
Пожалуйста, отметьте мой комментарий как Правильный ответ или поставьте Кудо, если мой ответ был вам полезен, Спасибо.
0 Kudos
McGuckin
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

e_espinel,

Thank you for the reply! We are currently running ESXi 7.0 1b, and plan to update to 7.0 2d soon, no previous updates have fixed this and I haven't seen any notes on it so I'm not confident that will be the fix, but we will of course apply the update regardless and hope it works.

We are indeed running the HPE Customized Image, specifically ESXi 7.0.0 version 700.0.0.10.5.0. We have been applying updates regularly from the VMware website, perhaps that is where we went wrong. Should I be getting my updates from HPE instead?

I can also reach out to my vendor and see if we're missing any specific plugins for our hardware.

Thanks!

--
Jack O'Fallon
Systems Administrator
McGuckin Hardware
0 Kudos
chokeUJ
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I have the same issue, have not been able to find any information, what was the resolution?

0 Kudos
McGuckin
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Unfortunately, I still have this error. Nothing bad has come of it as of yet. All I can recommend is to make sure you've run the latest updates on your host.

--
Jack O'Fallon
Systems Administrator
McGuckin Hardware
0 Kudos
tuamigobender
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Check on one view console, if you have a synergy chassis, i'm sure some error appears there.

BIOS settings do not match the expected values.

1/4/23  7:13:36 pm
1 day ago
Cleared
unassigned

Resolution

Allow the server to complete POST then reapply the server profile BIOS settings.

Notes

1. System

The server profile is re-applied with BIOS settings.
    1/4/23  7:16:08 pm
0 Kudos
AlexMorenoIT
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Still same status?

0 Kudos
McGuckin
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Still same status. Hasn't been much of an issue.

--
Jack O'Fallon
Systems Administrator
McGuckin Hardware
0 Kudos
AlexMorenoIT
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks!

Do you have any critical status on iLO ?

0 Kudos
svaghani1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

The "ESXi - System Chassis 1 SysHealth_Stat Yellow" error on your HP ProLiant DL380 Gen10 server is identified as a false positive validation for the fan health of HP Gen10 servers in the vSphere Client. This issue has been addressed in the VMware knowledge base article 78989.

Admittedly, this was observed back in the 6.7 days. Did you run into a version of this?

McGuckin
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Nothing shows up in iLO.

--
Jack O'Fallon
Systems Administrator
McGuckin Hardware
0 Kudos
McGuckin
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Looks like this might be the case. Thank you!

--
Jack O'Fallon
Systems Administrator
McGuckin Hardware
0 Kudos
tanjilislam
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Remove the SEL log from iLO, and check if this appears again.

-Tanjil Islam
If my answer has resolved your problem, please mark it as resolved, or if it has only been a good help, then give me the kudos.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos