VMware Cloud Community
cmeisinger
Contributor
Contributor

ESXi Lost Network Connection

I had a test network setup under ESX 4 it consisted of 4 servers 3 Windows 2003 servers and 1 2008 R2 server.  The Domain Controller running DNS, DHCP etc... is installed on a 2003 server.  Everything was connected to the network and working great until we upgraded to ESXi 5 now the 2008 server will not connect to the domain the DC can see the machine and I can ping the IP of the DC on the 2008 server it just will not allow me to connect to the domain saying the path is not found.  Is this an issue in the upgrade?

Thanks,

Chris

0 Kudos
6 Replies
john23
Commander
Commander

From DC can you ping windows 2008??

Thanks -A Read my blogs: www.openwriteup.com
0 Kudos
cmeisinger
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I can ping it by name and IP

0 Kudos
john23
Commander
Commander

i faced the same problem with fresh installation of esxi... and ended up with windows issue..

do certain steps if it helps --

--check the dns entry in the windows 2008 vm

--disable firewall on windows 2008

-- remove the vm network ,reboot and connect it back..

Hope it works Smiley Happy

Thanks -A Read my blogs: www.openwriteup.com
0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

... saying the path is not found

Can you please provide the exact error message!?

Did you already double check all the network settings on the guests (IP, subnet mask, gateway, DNS server entries)?

André

0 Kudos
beckham007fifa

its silly but do you any promiscous, Mac add or forged tramit accept in the vswitch settings?

Regards, ABFS
0 Kudos
cmeisinger
Contributor
Contributor

The error is "The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted"  Ive's checked everything and the 2003 servers are all talking to each other fine it's just this 2008 server.  I contacted VMWare support and they brushed it off as a Microsoft issue but I feel it is a problem with the upgrade from ESX 4 to ESXi 5 because everything was working just fine until that upgrade.

0 Kudos