VMware Cloud Community
seanmdonnelly
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

ESXi Image Updates

I am new to VMware and just received the notification today from my vCenter server on this update for my 3 ESXi hosts. I've been looking for documenation to outline what's included in the patch, any ideas on where to locate?

Next I plan on doing after hours, but when applying these patches are reboots required for my hosts?

The number of patch definitions downloaded (critical/total):

ESX: 0/1

ID: ESXi510-201303401-BG  Impact: Important  Release date: 2013-03-07  Products: embeddedEsx 5.1.0 Updates esx-base

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jdptechnc
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

When you scan your host for update compliance (on the update manager tab in the vcenter client), once it comes back and reports that your hosts are non-compliant, you can view the details of the patch(es) that are missing from the host.  There you can view whether or not a reboot is required.

Please consider marking as "helpful", if you find this post useful. Thanks!... IT Guy since 12/2000... Virtual since 10/2006... VCAP-DCA #2222

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Welcome to the Community,

you can find an overview of released patches with links to the Knowledge Base after selecting the appropriate ESX(i) version at Download Patches

The current patch requires a reboot.

André

PS: Sorry, forgot to attach the direct link to the pach description: http://kb.vmware.com/kb/2043968

jdptechnc
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

When you scan your host for update compliance (on the update manager tab in the vcenter client), once it comes back and reports that your hosts are non-compliant, you can view the details of the patch(es) that are missing from the host.  There you can view whether or not a reboot is required.

Please consider marking as "helpful", if you find this post useful. Thanks!... IT Guy since 12/2000... Virtual since 10/2006... VCAP-DCA #2222
0 Kudos
seanmdonnelly
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you very much for this! Much appreciated.

0 Kudos
seanmdonnelly
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Tried to mark both answers as correct, but I guess that is not possible in these forums?

0 Kudos