VMware Cloud Community
Jon8177
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

ESXi ISO booting on Mac Pro

Hi,

This question is all about VMware ESXi free version, not the paid server.

I have got a Mac Pro compatible version to install ESXi free version. I want to download ESXi ISO file and store on USB or CD/DVD and install ESXi free version on my Mac Pro. I have doubts on the following questions, since I couldn't get any answer for them anywhere. Could someone help me with your answers?

1. How to format USB disk to copy this ISO file which can be compatible to work on Mac Pro?

2. How to boot Mac Pro through USB for ESXi installation?

3. Once ESXi installed on Mac Pro and also vSphere client installed on Windows PC. How can I install "OS X El Capitan" on the created Virtual machine?

I need steps please.

Thanks for your answers.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DavoudTeimouri
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Read the below link for create bootable USB disk:

Create a Bootable ESXi Installer USB Flash Drive | Virten.net

About MacOS installation on ESXi virtual machine, please read this: VMware Documentation for OS X 10.10

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Davoud Teimouri - https://www.teimouri.net - Twitter: @davoud_teimouri Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/teimouri.net/
0 Kudos
Jon8177
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

I have the following questions.

1.) The link you have shared for Bootable ESXi installer USB link, Is the standard way of doing it? If not, Is there any other standard way of doing it? I mean, can we achieve this using standard Mac tools like DiskUtility etc, instead of using software like Rufus etc.?

2.) I have seen already the MacOS installation link. In the steps, it says , "Create a new virtual machine and select the Apple Mac OS X 10.10 (64-bit) option". But, there is no step "how to Create a new virtual machine" ? Could you share me the link to know about "Creating a new virtual machine" ?

Thanks a lot for your help!

0 Kudos