VMware Cloud Community
asrarguna
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

ESXi Host not displaying VMs when connected through vCenter

Hi All,

I am facing an issue with 1 ESXi hosts. All other hosts are working fine.

All the hosts are managed by vCenter 5.1 VM. When I select this problematic host in vCenter and click on the virtual machines tab, it displays nothing but a blank page. Then it throws an error saying that the object has already been deleted or has not completely created. Attached is the screenshot of the error popup.

However if i connect directly to the host through VI client, it does not throw the error and I can see the VMs there. If I vmotion the vms over to this host, I cannot see those VMs through vcenter but i connect to the host directly and I can see the VMs. They are running fine.

What could be causing this issue.

Thanks,

AG

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I would try restarting the management agent on the troubled host or removing it from vCenter and readding it -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I would try restarting the management agent on the troubled host or removing it from vCenter and readding it -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
asrarguna
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank You for replying. I tried to remove the host from vCenter but this host is a part of vDS in the cluster and when I try to remove it, it says: The resource "esxi host" is in use. Cannot remove the host because it's part of VDS dvSwitch.

Thanks - AG

0 Kudos
ScreamingSilenc
Jump to solution

To ensure that the host is no longer connected to the vDS:

1. Log in to vCenter Server using the vSphere Client.
  2. Click Home.
  3. Click Networking.
  4. Click on the vDS.
  5. Click Hosts.
  6. Right-click on the host, and click Remove from vDS.

You can now right-click the host in the vSphere Client and click Remove.

Please consider marking this answer "correct" or "helpful" if you found it useful.
asrarguna
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank You Mustafa. I managed to remove the server from the cluster.

weinstein5: Thanks for the suggestion. It worked like a charm. I vmotioned a VM to this host after adding it back to the cluster and the VM is visible now Smiley Happy

Thanks All - AG

0 Kudos