VMware Cloud Community
vmproteau
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

ESXi Host burn in load tools

I'm trying to see if there are any quality Host burn in tools or virtual appliances. I'm looking for something to use as part of a pre-production QA or after hardware replacement. Generally if we have a hardware issue, we isolated the Host and replace the hardware. Prior to putting it back in production, we'll throw a couple test VMs on for a day or so but that won't necessarily put appropriate load on the system to identify any lingering anamoly. Anyone have recommendations for stress testing an ESXi Host.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

There is nothing specific that I know of for ESXi but you could use standard load tools for the VMs that stress the memory, cpu and disk and that will stree the host -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
vmproteau
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks. I have used that method in the past and will continue but, I was hoping there might be a virtual appliance designed specifically for ESXi stress testing.

Anybody have a bias or recommendation for any specific compute resource load/stress tool(s). These are diskless Hosts so only concerened with Memory and CPU.

0 Kudos