VMware Cloud Community
RLRios
Contributor
Contributor

ESXi Host SOAP Sensor - Unknown Health State

Hello Everyone,

Our PRTG is pulling the following from ESX

Warnings 3 elements return a warning state: System Board 1 Power Optimized 0 --- 0.7.1.118; Add-in Card 3 SD1 0 --- 0.11.3.244; Add-in Card 3 SD2 0 --- 0.11.3.245

When I log into VMWare ESXi, I see that the Monitor has three Sensors that show these warnings as Unknown.

pastedImage_17.png

Has anybody run into a similar issue with these Sensors not showing their state in the Health Column of the Monitor? This started happening after the Image Profile was updated to DellEMC-ESXi-6.5U3-15177306-A04 (Dell)

This is the info on the ESX

pastedImage_20.png

0 Kudos
7 Replies
yabba61
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

We have the same issue, and we don't have a solution yet. Is your problem solved, and do you have the solution.

Regards,

Wim

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@RLRios 
Moderator: Moved to ESXi Discussions since this is not about version 3.5 (where you created the thread)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
e_espinel
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hello.
I understand that your hardware is Dell, so you applied the indicated ISO, it is also recommended that you update the Dell Server Firmware which can be obtained from the DELL support website.
I also assume that you have met all of the manufacturer's requirements as indicated in their link
https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=215h8

Enrique Espinel
Senior Technical Support on IBM, Lenovo, Veeam Backup and VMware vSphere.
VSP-SV, VTSP-SV, VTSP-HCI, VTSP
Please mark my comment as Correct Answer or assign Kudos if my answer was helpful to you, Thank you.
Пожалуйста, отметьте мой комментарий как Правильный ответ или поставьте Кудо, если мой ответ был вам полезен, Спасибо.
0 Kudos
nachogonzalez
Commander
Commander

Hello hope you are doing fine

A few questions:

- Is firmware up to date?
You can check here for assistance: https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/1027206

- Have you checked iLO/iDRAC/BMC for any hardware logs?
Might be possible that there is some information about the sensors over there

If you need further assistance, please share hardware information in order to assist you

Warm regards

0 Kudos
RajeevVCP4
Expert
Expert

Did you  upgrade recently vcenter server ( 2 Months) , if yes alert will be remove auto

Rajeev Chauhan
VCIX-DCV6.5/VSAN/VXRAIL
Please mark help full or correct if my answer is use full for you
0 Kudos
wangtel
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue,too.

I have upgraded the ESXi to DELL custom ISO and update the latest BIOS, but the problem is not solved yet.

0 Kudos
RajeevVCP4
Expert
Expert

Did you open case with hardware vendor 

Rajeev Chauhan
VCIX-DCV6.5/VSAN/VXRAIL
Please mark help full or correct if my answer is use full for you
0 Kudos