VMware Cloud Community
hendersp3
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

ESXi HTTP

Seeing tons of these in host logs on ESXi 6.5 that is hosting a Horizon solution.  Does anybody know how I can check what the sessions are?  I know for certain they are not users. 

Thank You for any information or advice you can provide. 

2018-05-17T21:25:09.192Z error hostd[10540B70] [Originator@6876 sub=HTTP session map] Out of HTTP sessions: Limited to 500

4 Replies
Rsahi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

This issue occurs when all ports are being exhausted on an ESXi host that is connected to the vCenter Server Appliance due to connections not being closed after use by third-party products or APIs. vCenter Server remains running though communication to the affected ESXi hosts are degraded.

to resolve this issue, the management agents are required to be restarted on the affected ESXi host

hendersp3
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Is it the http connection between the ESXi host and the vcenter that is adding up to 500?  Is there some way I can check this? 

0 Kudos
Rsahi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

No , this is not the same, see each plugin you have on your vcsa create sessions , each running thread in side creates a session with your vcenter , even if it is not doing anything, it periodically do the  garbage collection and thus create connections, each login, each operation all creates sessions. There is a way to increase the number of sessions,( I dont recall how though)

What i did was i turned off unused plugins, and disabled unwanted services on vCSA

and increased number of sessions. as said i dont recall how to do it .

it was either in vpxd.conf --> vclient.maxConnectionCount>100</maxConnectionCount // this is to increase number of concurrent connections to vCenter

Webclient.properties in vsphere-client directory on vCSA // This limits number of Web Client sessions

or combination of those

0 Kudos
xiehd
Contributor
Contributor

I met the same question and repeated it. So I think your answer is  right,thank you !

0 Kudos