VMware Cloud Community
acpalima1420
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

ESXi 8 Offline activation

Hello,

Can you help me, We upgraded our ESXi 6.7 up to v8.0 and now we are in 60 days mode.
We are using the Server on production that are not connected on internet. And once the server is running we need to assure that no restart required when activating the new license. Right now we are in process of purchasing the license to activate. I just need assurance when offline activation of the license will not reboot the server.

Thank you.

Regards, 

Allen 

0 Kudos
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
TeknoAD
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Activation of license will not require server reboot. You just need to ensure you have purchased the new license within the 60 days while you have the evaluation license and once you have your purchased license, you just have to add that from the UI and you should be good to go.

One thing to keep in mind is evaluation license would have all features enabled. So, when you apply your purchased license to the system, it will only have the available features as per that purchased license that you have applied.

I hope that helps!

View solution in original post

Alfista_PS
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi,

when you have already purchased licences for the older version and you are under support its enough to go to the customer portal and transfer licenses from 6.x to 8.x and then copy it t the updated system. When you are buying then you copy it from the portal and give it to the new system. 

It's very easy and fast and as mentioned you dont need any restart. 

Alfista
----------------------
Audio-Video Accessories
Selling and Integration of Audio & Video Accessories and Technology
If my answer has resolved your problem please mark as RESOLVED or if it has only was a good help then give me the KUDOS. Thanks.

battybishop
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

There is no reboot required when applying the new license and no requirement for the servers to be connected to the internet. Just go into the customer portal copy the relevant keys and apply, that's all.

4 Replies
TeknoAD
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Activation of license will not require server reboot. You just need to ensure you have purchased the new license within the 60 days while you have the evaluation license and once you have your purchased license, you just have to add that from the UI and you should be good to go.

One thing to keep in mind is evaluation license would have all features enabled. So, when you apply your purchased license to the system, it will only have the available features as per that purchased license that you have applied.

I hope that helps!

Alfista_PS
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi,

when you have already purchased licences for the older version and you are under support its enough to go to the customer portal and transfer licenses from 6.x to 8.x and then copy it t the updated system. When you are buying then you copy it from the portal and give it to the new system. 

It's very easy and fast and as mentioned you dont need any restart. 

Alfista
----------------------
Audio-Video Accessories
Selling and Integration of Audio & Video Accessories and Technology
If my answer has resolved your problem please mark as RESOLVED or if it has only was a good help then give me the KUDOS. Thanks.
battybishop
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

There is no reboot required when applying the new license and no requirement for the servers to be connected to the internet. Just go into the customer portal copy the relevant keys and apply, that's all.

EvangelineYoung
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you for answering, please mark it as a solution. Now your ESXi 8 Offline working fine? History essays used to be a challenge until I discovered this https://www.topessaywriting.org/samples/history goldmine of free essay samples. It not only made topic selection easier but also offered valuable tips on avoiding plagiarism. Now, whether I'm delving into Modern History or Ancient Rome, I know the importance of referencing. This resource turned writing history essays from a chore to a rewarding experience. Highly recommend for anyone looking to add depth to their historical narratives!

Tags (1)