VMware Cloud Community
Cyanatide
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

ESXi 8.0: unable to autostart VM

Hello,

I have configured two VM to start automatically in auto start.

When rebooting the server, or hard rebooting the server, ESXi start correctly, but my VM remains powered off. I have to restart them manually. Here is a screenshot of my configuration:

Capture d’écran 2022-12-14 162514.pngAs you can see at the bottom of the picture, I have an event indicating that Auto Start Power On is completed successfully. But apparently not...

Is there something that I forgot in my configuration? Can I find some logs giving more details?

Best regards.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Cyanatide
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Ouch!

Silly me! I simply had to edit settings of autostart and switch Enabled to Yes.

Sorry for the bad report.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Cyanatide
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Ouch!

Silly me! I simply had to edit settings of autostart and switch Enabled to Yes.

Sorry for the bad report.

SCPlus
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi @Cyanatide 

I am experiencing a similar issue.  I have configured the autostart settings, but the VM is trying to autostart before the datastore is available.

Is your datastore on the same server as ESXI?  If so, how are you getting ESXI to wait long enough for the datastore to come up before tying to autostart?

I am using version 7.0, so maybe the issue it related to that.  Trying to collect some more information for the thread I already have going.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Cyanatide
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yes, my datastore is on the same server as ESXi.

As I've said, my problem has been solved, it was simply that's feature autostart was disabled.

0 Kudos
SCPlus
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

How are your VMs and data stores available fast enough for ESXI to start them? Mine shows a long file path to the VM (instead of the VM name) for several minutes. And shows the data stores as unavailable. Then after a few minutes, the data stores appear and I am able to manually start. 

0 Kudos