skater2001
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

ESXi 7 No compatible network adapter found and lost keyboard

Poweredge R720xd

192Gb Ram

6 VD

Not quite sure where to start. I installed the drivers for iDrac and have lost access to my keyboard and No Compatible network adapter found is all I can see when esxi boots. It loads up fine but no keyboard so I can't do anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
skater2001
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I have been up and running no problem I have also booted successfully with Linux Mint. Ubuntu and all works fine. It's only when I boot directly to ESXi do I loose everything.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
IRIX201110141
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Dell 12Gen Servers are not certified for vSphere ESXi 7.0.

But you have it already up and running right and after upgrading NIC FW the card disappeears? No USB or Remote Keyboard as well? Sounds more like system related rather than OS.

Regards,
Joerg

0 Kudos
skater2001
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I have been up and running no problem I have also booted successfully with Linux Mint. Ubuntu and all works fine. It's only when I boot directly to ESXi do I loose everything.

0 Kudos
skater2001
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I am assuming that it is because I added the driver that this happened. I did not restart the machine directly after installing the driver. so the machine was working for 2 days after I installed the driver. It's only after I restarted did this issue occur. So all I can see is the attached. but I can't use my keyboard to make any changes at all. I have to sign into idrac to restart and of course, I am back with the same problem.

Thanks

0 Kudos
skater2001
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

All good reinstalled and all works fine.

0 Kudos