VMware Cloud Community
JMudra
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

ESXi 6, nVidia GRID, vCSA and Console Mouse problems

All,

I'm running into an issue with mouse control on my VDI machines deployed with NVidia GRID K1 GPUs.

The machines I've deployed with the K1 GPUs can no longer be controlled using console.  Neither the other thick client, or the web client.  Servers that are running on the same host are just fine, but anything with the GRID card on it, fails to display the mouse in Console.

Been running through the best practice documents for the GRID card, and all the settings look good.   Also tried to re-install (even uninstall, reinstall) VMtools.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

You will loose the console if you are using vGPU or vDGA on a virtual machine.

I would suggest to use another means of doing remote admin on these, for example Remote Desktop.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

You will loose the console if you are using vGPU or vDGA on a virtual machine.

I would suggest to use another means of doing remote admin on these, for example Remote Desktop.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
Alistar
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi there,

Linjo is right, check out my article on how I managed the vDGA remote: nVidia GRID K2 vDGA with VMware Horizon View using PCoIP | VMXP

Stop by my blog if you'd like 🙂 I dabble in vSphere troubleshooting, PowerCLI scripting and NetApp storage - and I share my journeys at http://vmxp.wordpress.com/
0 Kudos