VMware Cloud Community
gbarletta
Contributor
Contributor

ESXi 6.5 PSOD Help!

Hello all!

I am a student learning about about VMware technologies and I have run into an issue. My ESXi server was running perfectly for 1 month then all the sudden 3 days ago I get constant PSODs. I am not sure what is causing these PSODs or what has changed. I just need a little help on directing me where to look. I really appreciate any help.

Thank you!

unnamed.jpg

Tags (3)
3 Replies
dekoshal
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

The machine check architecture is a mechanism within a CPU to detect and report hardware issues. When a problem is detected, a Machine Check Exception (MCE) is thrown. If an MCE is thrown and a purple diagnostic screen displays, a hardware problem has caused it. There is no other way to generate an MCE.

When the system has faults with a purple screen, capture the screen output, then reboot the server and contact your hardware vendor. In the meantime, the information regarding the fault itself can be decoded to get a better idea of what may be happening.

Decoding Machine Check Exception (MCE) output after a purple screen error (1005184) | VMware KB

If you found this or any other answer helpful, please consider the use of the Correct or Helpful to award points.

Best Regards,

Deepak Koshal

CNE|CLA|CWMA|VCP4|VCP5|CCAH

tz01
Contributor
Contributor

Is there any problem before you upgrade to U1?

0 Kudos
gbarletta
Contributor
Contributor

It was happening before the update to U1 as well.

0 Kudos