VMware Cloud Community
dsahoo991
Contributor
Contributor

ESXi 6.5 HPE ILO not accessible

I  have a HPE Gen10 ESXi host,which is updated with respect to patch abd build and running fine from past 74 days.

Suddenly i noticed that the ILO of this Esxi is not accesible via hostname or IP.

I tried to reboot/Reset the ILO and efuse of the host still no luck.

I can see an error in enclosure that management processor lost communication with ILO.

Any thought on this what could be the reason?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Shouldn’t this be on a HPE forum?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

In most cases that I saw in the past years, such issues were related to duplicate IP addresses in the network, where the system that actively uses the IP address blocks ICMP (ping) traffic.
I also read about people having issues with shared iLO, just in case you are not using the dedicated iLO port.

André

0 Kudos
e_espinel
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hello.
You should perform the update of the server firmware in the order recommended by HPE.
In general it is recommended to update the server firmware at least once a year at the same time the operating system is updated.

Enrique Espinel
Senior Technical Support on IBM, Lenovo, Veeam Backup and VMware vSphere.
VSP-SV, VTSP-SV, VTSP-HCI, VTSP
Please mark my comment as Correct Answer or assign Kudos if my answer was helpful to you, Thank you.
Пожалуйста, отметьте мой комментарий как Правильный ответ или поставьте Кудо, если мой ответ был вам полезен, Спасибо.
0 Kudos