VMware Cloud Community
IFEHalden
Contributor
Contributor

ESXi 6.0 Update 3

My ESXi-hosts are running ESXi 6.0 Update 2 and I want to update these servers to Update 3. When I run "Scan for updates" in Update Manager the update 3 is available. The servers were installed by using HP Customized Image, so my question is: Should I run the update from the package shown in update manager, or should I download the update 3 from HP and use that?

Br,

Thor-Egil

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TheBobkin
Champion
Champion

Hello,

Probably best to update from vendor-specific custom ISO so that everything required gets updated. HPE Recipe-guide is usually more current than the VMware HCL so I assume some of the driver updates in the custom-ISO will be later than in the VUM-based update (drivers that are currently in the certification process etc.).

If you want to see what the differences are:

download both the ISO from VMware and from HPE, unpack both and use diff or some other comparison to compare the contents.

Bob

-o- If you found this comment useful or answer please select as 'Answer' and/or click the 'Helpful' button, please ask follow-up questions if you have any -o-

0 Kudos
homerzzz
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Add the vibsdepot.hpe.com download source to Update Manager, then the HP drivers for the recipe will be available in your patch repository. You can use VUM to install ESXi 6.0 Update 3, HPE Utility Bundle for ESXi 6.0 2.6a-9, Device Drivers for HPE ESXi 6.0.0 v600.9.7.0

I find updating from VUM easier to automate than updating from the ISO, but both will get the job done.

0 Kudos