VMware Cloud Community
dccugler
Contributor
Contributor

ESXi 6.0 U2 HPE Image & HP Proliant ML150 Gen9 - Cannot access Host Client from a valid IP

Dear all,

I have a HP Proliant ML150 Gen9 and I installed the  HPE Customized Image ESXi 6.0.0 Update 2 version 600.9.5.0.48.

Everything is working fine, except part of the remote access through the Host Client. Let me explain it.

I set up the Management Network device with IP 192.168.4.200. When I access this IP from any browser from computers in my local network, I can successfully access the Host Client.

In order to access the Host Client outside my local network, I created a rule in my firewall (NAT) translating a valid IP (200.x.x.x) to 192.168.4.200. And this is the problem. I cannot access the server from internet, using the valid IP.

Some important information:

- The firewall rule (NAT) is working fine, because I have another ESXi server in my network (not using a customized image), and the Host Client of this server can be accessed from internet when I set it with the same IP I mentioned (192.168.4.200) - so the rule int the firewall is working fine.

- In order to perform some tests, I installed in my server a non ESXi custom HPE image, and with this installation I successfully accessed the Host Client from internet. In this case, I have another problem - when I use a non custom image, the installation cannot see the RAID Logical Volume (showing 2 hard disks instead of a RAID 1 and one logical volume - The server has a HP Smart Array B140i SATA controller), but I need the RAID 1.

Do you guys have some idea about how to make the server Host Client be visible from internet?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
0 Replies