VMware Cloud Community
vivasindustries
Contributor
Contributor

ESXi 6.0 - One real IP, many VPSes and domain redirecting ?

Hi there guys!

I am pretty new to this community.

I have installed ESXi 6.0 on my server and now i have the following dilema.

I connect to the internet via external machine router and i have one real ip. I know that i can asign a specific ports to redirect to specific LAN ip for any of my VPSes.

I want to ask how can i asign a redirect like this:

When users types in his internet browser the following example domains:

User types in browser: www.mydomain1.com (this domain has my REAL IP assigned) -> connects to my router/server -> Redirect to apache2 from VPS1 (LAN ip 192.168.0.101)

User types in browser: www.mydomain2.com (this domain has my REAL IP assigned) -> connects to my router/server -> Redirect to apache2 from VPS3 (LAN ip 192.168.0.103)

User types in browser: www.mydomain3.com (this domain has my REAL IP assigned) -> connects to my router/server -> Redirect to apache2 from VPS2 (LAN ip 192.168.0.102)

I hope you understand my idea, is it possible ?

Thanks in advance!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
cykVM
Expert
Expert

If I understand your config correctly it's not possible with only one public IP. You would need two more public static IPs and a router capable of multiple public static IPs.

Some of the Draytek Vigor routers can do that and then you could do port forwarding based on the public IPs.

The only way to accomplish that with just one public IP is to put another apache host in between checking the http get header and routing/forwarding to the right internal IP with a proper virtual host config.

0 Kudos
cykVM
Expert
Expert

0 Kudos
vivasindustries
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much but this seems to be redirecting only the web ports.

How can i redirect all other ports using a domain for connection instead of an IP?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
cykVM
Expert
Expert

That won't work, you need additional public IPs in that case. ThatÄs a matter of TCP/IP design.

My answer was just because you wrote "redirecting to apache2" above.

0 Kudos