VMware Cloud Community
NakiriHiragi
Contributor
Contributor

ESXi 6.0 Error Input/Output error during read on.... Unable to commit to disk

Hello I'm confused about this error, what should I do? I'm using ibm x3550 m4. Thanks before that

0 Kudos
8 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@NakiriHiragi 

Have you run any test on whichever disk that relates to?

Have you checked that the controller is supported by ESXi?

Are you aware that 6.0 is end of life and no longer supported or updated?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
e_espinel
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hello.
If you have access to the ESXi Host you could get a DSA (HW and Software logs) to verify if the problem is HW or Software (VMware).

Attached is a link where you can get the DSA from the actual computer manufacturer (Lenovo).

https://datacentersupport.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/DS539437

From a Windows PC where under the DSA you should run from the command line the following:

lnvgy_utl_dsa_dsala7k-10.5_portable_windows_x86-64.exe --vmware-esxi root:yyyyyy@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

yyyyyy is the root passsword
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.xxxx is the ip of the ESXi Host

A Lenovo Support directory will be created on the C drive of the PC, please zip this directory.

Enrique Espinel
Senior Technical Support on IBM, Lenovo, Veeam Backup and VMware vSphere.
VSP-SV, VTSP-SV, VTSP-HCI, VTSP
Please mark my comment as Correct Answer or assign Kudos if my answer was helpful to you, Thank you.
Пожалуйста, отметьте мой комментарий как Правильный ответ или поставьте Кудо, если мой ответ был вам полезен, Спасибо.
0 Kudos
NakiriHiragi
Contributor
Contributor

Someone's know about this error message? First we delete the raid on server, then we raid the server again (we use IBM System x3550 M4 server), after that we try to install vmware esxi 6.0.0, then we got error like this. If you know the error or having a solution pls reply this, thanks before that I'm so confused. 

0 Kudos
NakiriHiragi
Contributor
Contributor

is this cause we delete the raid partition? And it's not clean yet? 

0 Kudos
Sreeharimr
Contributor
Contributor

Have you initialized the Raid Volume? If not can you try to initialize the Raid Volume and then try the installation after the Volume is completely initialized.

0 Kudos
NakiriHiragi
Contributor
Contributor

Yes we do, use raid 5 

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Moderator note: Please do not make separate threads for the same issue. If you want to bump the original thread then you are welcome to do so. It at least does not spread the answers in two places and makes the discussion hard to follow.
I have merged your 2 threads into one.

--
Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
e_espinel
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hello.
Please confirm if you are using the same version and build that you had previously installed on the server.
During installation how many disks or logical drives are detected and available for installation.

Most manufacturers recommend updating all hardware firmware at least once a year if updates are available.

If you need help with hardware firmware updates please do not hesitate to contact me by mail.

Enrique Espinel
Senior Technical Support on IBM, Lenovo, Veeam Backup and VMware vSphere.
VSP-SV, VTSP-SV, VTSP-HCI, VTSP
Please mark my comment as Correct Answer or assign Kudos if my answer was helpful to you, Thank you.
Пожалуйста, отметьте мой комментарий как Правильный ответ или поставьте Кудо, если мой ответ был вам полезен, Спасибо.
0 Kudos