VMware Cloud Community
max2479
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

ESXi 5 crash

I have 4 esxi servers in my cluster. 2 of them crashed with same screen. any ideas?

we do use lefthand for vmware and ntfs systems. i wonder if this article is related:  http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=103012...

> if you found this or any other answer useful please consider allocating points for helpful or correct answers <
0 Kudos
8 Replies
nshetty
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello,

The issue seems to be a driver that has caused the issue,can u confirm the adapter name and the driver version for the same.

virt- reset has been sent to the LUns, the IO was aborted for the very same reason.

Kindly provide the core dump or the vm-support bundle for analysis.

Cheers,

NS

0 Kudos
memaad
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi,

It is LSI megasas driver issue.

Regards

Mohammed

Mohammed | Mark it as helpful or correct if my suggestion is useful.
0 Kudos
orthohin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes , this look like driver issue..

Regards,
Milton

Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window
0 Kudos
memaad
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi,

If you need more information, I would suggest file support request with VMware.

Regards

Mohammed

Mohammed | Mark it as helpful or correct if my suggestion is useful.
0 Kudos
nshetty
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Any updates ?

did the driver upgrade fix the issue for u ?

Cheers,

Ns

0 Kudos
gbhorne
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have unfortunately encountered this awful purple screen many many times. Just a few questions:

Did you recently suspend the ESXi host?

Was the ESXi shutdown and brought back with an attempt to resume it?

VCP 5.1, CASP, SSSE, CCDA
0 Kudos
max2479
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thank you all for answers. I did not have a chance to update the driver yet. it happened to 2 different hosts. Latest change was to rescan iSCSI that triggered this event.

> if you found this or any other answer useful please consider allocating points for helpful or correct answers <
0 Kudos
TomHowarth
Leadership
Leadership

Have you raised a support ticket with VMware regarding this issue as per the previous responders request?

Tom Howarth VCP / VCAP / vExpert
VMware Communities User Moderator
Blog: http://www.planetvm.net
Contributing author on VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment
Contributing author on VCP VMware Certified Professional on VSphere 4 Study Guide: Exam VCP-410
0 Kudos