VMware Cloud Community
GregecSLO
Contributor
Contributor

ESXi 5 USB and UPS

Hi guys!

OK, here`s the thing... I have USB stick, configured it into virtual machine it gets correctly recognised all works great.

Now I`m considering to buy UPS, which has software and USB support (for monitoring you know how it goes Smiley Happy).

Can I configure it as USB and will it UPS software installed in VM recognise it?

I tried first with USB printer Kyocera and VM didn`t seem to recognise it....

Any toughts?

Regards,

Greg

0 Kudos
2 Replies
gregsn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have had success with connecting USB APC brand UPSs without any problems.  The guest OS was able to see the UPS and manage it with the supplied software.  Specifically, I have used the APC BACK-UPS 1500 and APC Smart-UPS 1500 and they were detected fine.

satya1
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

GregecSLO wrote:

Hi guys!

OK, here`s the thing... I have USB stick, configured it into virtual machine it gets correctly recognised all works great.

Now I`m considering to buy UPS, which has software and USB support (for monitoring you know how it goes Smiley Happy).

Can I configure it as USB and will it UPS software installed in VM recognise it?

I tried first with USB printer Kyocera and VM didn`t seem to recognise it....

Any toughts?

Regards,

Greg

hi check parrtion type and physical USB port version , if still having problem install addon tools for usb detection .

Yours,

Satya

0 Kudos