VMware Cloud Community
COOJD
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

ESXi 5 Install Issue

I am in the process of upgrading my current VM infrastructure from ESXi 4.1 to 5, as well as installing 5 on 2 brand new blades.  The blades are Dell M610, dual Xeon X5650 procs, 128gig ram..etc..  VT is on.  The problem I am having is when booting from the install DVD, it goes to the Loading ESXi installer screen and sits with the last line being:  /loading useropts.gz.  I burned the iso to different DVDs, and have used 2 different external DVD drives, I am getting the same thing on all blades, no matter which DVD or DVD drive I use.  I imaging it would go through the loading screen fairly quickly, and I have let it sit at this screen for quite sometime.  Has anyone seen anything like this?  I recently upgraded from ESX 4 to ESXi 4.1 4 months ago and didnt have any problems.  Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Welcome to the Community,

just to confirm. Did you verify the MD5 checksum of the downloaded ISO file?

André

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Welcome to the Community,

just to confirm. Did you verify the MD5 checksum of the downloaded ISO file?

André

0 Kudos
COOJD
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I seemed to have suffered from doing to many things at once and didnt even notice that, even though the download completed, the iso was only 200mb instead of the 290 it should have been.   new dl fixed it.  ::facepalm::

0 Kudos