VMware Cloud Community
gentm
Contributor
Contributor

ESXi 5.5 stop booting at "vprobe loaded successfully."

Hi everyone,

I have boot up issue on ESXi 5.5, it stuck at "vprobe loaded successfully." and I can't see any error!

and it take more than one hour after I restarted and yet it look the same screen.

thank you,

0 Kudos
7 Replies
pedrocalixto
Contributor
Contributor

Did you make any recent changes? Upgrade? Driver updates?

_________________________________________ If you find an answer that helps you, please mark it as "correct" or "helpful". VCP6-DCV Http://pedrocalixto.com | virtually anything is possible
0 Kudos
gentm
Contributor
Contributor

No I didn't make any update or upgrade. I just shutdown in proper way, after after that when I turn it on it is stuck. It looks strange because I can't see any error.

I have finished last week good, I have installed some VM hosts.

0 Kudos
pedrocalixto
Contributor
Contributor

Reboot the host. When the DCUI image shows up press ALT + F12 to see the vmkernel log . Send it here when you're done.

_________________________________________ If you find an answer that helps you, please mark it as "correct" or "helpful". VCP6-DCV Http://pedrocalixto.com | virtually anything is possible
0 Kudos
gentm
Contributor
Contributor

I will try tomorow and I will inform you

Thank you

0 Kudos
gentm
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I tried ALT+F12 but unfortunately I can't enter on vmlogs.

When I restart ESXi, first shutdown every VM hosts and after that I restart ESXi paltform.

On ESXi I have isntalled 2 x Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter

On one of the Windows 2012 R2 Datacenter I have had Installed vCenter Server 6.0.

ESXi platform is installed on SSD, and datacenter is installed on SAS, and I have restart many times and it stops on that screen "vprobe loaded successfully."

This platform is installed on HPE DL380 G9 Server.

0 Kudos
pedrocalixto
Contributor
Contributor

Do you have more than one host in your environment? Move your VMs to another host and try to reinstall your ESXi.

0 Kudos
gentm
Contributor
Contributor

I have tried to pres ALT + F12, but I can't see any logs.

I need to re-install and now it working.

thank you for your suggestions

0 Kudos