VMware Cloud Community
Henri
Contributor
Contributor

ESXi 5.5 (lastest Patch 07/14) & MacPro 4,1 & Pink Screen PF Exeption 14 - E100TxTSOSend@kernel

Hi,

have here a MacPro which panics in average 2-3 times per week with the problem above, since about 3-6 month.

No issue in 3 years before, main & processor board changed, still not fixed. There are 2 OSX 10.9.4 VMs running on this box.

Have here a similar 2nd MacPro, same config and same patch level, no problem at all.

Any way to fix it?

Thanks

Henri 

I have patched ESXi after this crash, therefor the patch level here is not current, but have no newer photo at the moment.

photo.JPG

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jrmunday
Commander
Commander

Hi Henri,

It does sound like a hardware issue, but besides RAM you've replaced the suspect components and still have the issue.

Have you tried swapping the VM's around to see if there is a particular VM that is causing this? Perhaps you can move the PSOD to the other host with the VM and identify it this way? I would also log a call with VMware to review the backtrace.

Is there any pattern as to when it happens? A certain time of day, or the start of a specific business process ... or is it just random and annoying?

Cheers,

Jon

vExpert 2014 - 2022 | VCP6-DCV | http://www.jonmunday.net | @JonMunday77
0 Kudos
Henri
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Jon,

thanks for you reply. Have also replaced the RAM a few month ago.

It happens at any kind of VM (in this case VM:ServerP) as you can see at the pink screen.

Unfortunately I have at this location just one MacPro and have moved all other VMs to a Dell R720 without issues. So just the OSXs and a Win7 Veeam are on the MacPro.

Sometimes the box runs 1 week without pink screen, sometimes I receive 2 pink screens pre day.

I run ESXi since about 3-4 years on this box, had never problems before.

Thanks

Henri

0 Kudos