VMware Cloud Community
PontualLda
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

ESXi 5.5 host purple diagnostic screen : PF Exception 14 in World 335026

Hello,

I'm having several problems with my VMWare ESXi 5.5 host server.

My server is a Dell PowerEdge T320 with RAID 1 (2 disks TByte 1) contains 3 Virtual Machines (2 x Windows Server 2012 Standard and Windows SBS 2011).

Server:

Model: Dell PowerEdge T320

Processor: Intel Xeon CPU E5-2450 1,90 MHz

Memory: 32 GB Memory

The Host works sometimes for several hours or just 30 minutes to receive the purple diagnostic screen: PF Exception 14 in World 335026.

I've tried everything, I updated the BIOS, iDRAC, BIOS configured as shown in the technical DELL and the problem persists.

The server has 1 month and does not contain any sort of hardware error.

I'm desperate, already researched various forums without success and performed various procedures without success aswell.

Can you help me? Anyone?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PontualLda
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you for the response.

Yes, both had.

I changed the network adapters in Windows Server 2012 R2 from E1000E to VMXNET3 and disabled the RSS on both with the command:

netsh int tcp set global rss = disabled

Also found a reference about problems between Windows Server 2012 R2 and Notepad++ (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) :

https://communities.vmware.com/message/2298732 # 2298732

I ended up uninstalling it.

Now let's pray that does not appear any more purple screen.

Anymore suggestions that I need to know?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mikejroberts
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Are any of your VMs running E1000 NICs?

0 Kudos
PontualLda
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you for the response.

Yes, both had.

I changed the network adapters in Windows Server 2012 R2 from E1000E to VMXNET3 and disabled the RSS on both with the command:

netsh int tcp set global rss = disabled

Also found a reference about problems between Windows Server 2012 R2 and Notepad++ (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) :

https://communities.vmware.com/message/2298732 # 2298732

I ended up uninstalling it.

Now let's pray that does not appear any more purple screen.

Anymore suggestions that I need to know?

0 Kudos
mikejroberts
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

It just depends on the PSOD.  If it happens again post a picture of the actual PSOD.  I can't believe VMware has allowed this to go on for so long.  Changing NICs in a large environment is not practical and is not a fix.  I find it amazing that vCenter defaults many operating systems to the E1000, yet VMware is aware of the issue and seems to be dragging their feet on a resolution.  I can't imagine how many production outages there have been since only small percentage are likely reported on this forum.