VMware Cloud Community
YANIX
Contributor
Contributor

ESXi 5.5 and LogMeIn - Host hang problem.

Hi all,

First post here. First time I have a problem with LogMeIn product. I need to know if somebody else is having

the same problem.

I am running ESXi 5.5 on a DELL PowerEdge T420. ESXi 5.5 is patched to latest version.

I have two VM :

SBSSERVER (VMware Tools installed)

MAESTRO (VMware Tools installed)

If I log on the SBSSERVER trough LogMeIn, run VMware vSphere Client, then connect (console) to the MAESTRO

virtual machine. When I type password, the LogMeIn client disconnect. If I reconnect and try to type the

password again, it will disconnect each type I press a keyboard key. Then after 6-7 retry, I am disconnected

and the host (ESXi 5.5) completely hang.

I've tried the same thing on another ESXi 5.5 and it does the same thing.

If I remove the video driver installed by VMware Tools on the virtual machine, it will not happen again.

If I manage the server and virtual machine on my laptop trough the VMware vSphere Client, everything works

like it should. The problem is when I work remotely with LogMeIn.

I've contacted LogMeIn support about this issue. They have no clue. Only thing they asked me is to select keyboard

host layout instead of legacy LogMeIn mapping. Wich freeze the host in ~45 seconds..

Can anyone test this?

Thank you,

1 Reply
YANIX
Contributor
Contributor

OK, I found out that it was the bug (still not fixed) of E1000 network card and Windows Server 2012 running 2 RSS queues.