VMware Cloud Community
RWilson_1984
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

ESXi 5.5 RAID 1 (with SAS9260-8i)

I have imaged 8i controller, but when I try to add "Storage" I can't see anything plugged into the Hardware RAID Controller.  (This RAID controller is listed on the ESXi 5.5 compatibility list)

I have listed the critical components of my build below, can someone please give me some direction on how to proceed?  I don't know how to configure the RAID Controller until I can boot into a VM unless I can boot from a LINUX USB drive to configure the RAID Controller for RAID1.

Build details:

Motherboard:           Intel S2600CP2

Processors:             2620v2's (2)

RAM:                         64GB RDIMM 1333 (8x8GB)

Network Controller: EXPI9402PT

RAID Controller:      8i (RAID1)

Hard Drives              Crucial M500 960GB SSD's (2)

storage adapter_esxi.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You would have to access the BIOS of the RAID controller and configure the RAID set there -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

View solution in original post

2 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You would have to access the BIOS of the RAID controller and configure the RAID set there -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
RWilson_1984
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Sorry for the delay, I couldn't figure out how to configure my RAID Controller because the BIOS Screen didn't show what key to hit to configure the RAID Controller.  After some research I found that I had to hit F4 during the timeframe when I would hit F2 to enter the Motherboard BIOS.  After selecting F4 I was able to configure my storage and ESXi recognized the storage on the following reboot.

Thank you for helping me through this issue.

0 Kudos