VMware Cloud Community
jjalbert
Contributor
Contributor

ESXi 5.5 Free License

A long time ago, I downloaded and installed ESXi 5.5 on a server. It was up and running great. About a month ago, my server crashed, so I had to redo the raid and re-build the server. Now I am on an evaluation license, and do not have my old license key for the free 5.5. Does anyone know how I can get a license key? Is it even possible? Please Help

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

If it's no longer visible in the VMware licence portal I don't know what to suggest, you can't get free vSphere Hypervisor licenses for anything older than 7.0 now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
jjalbert
Contributor
Contributor

Darn, OK, yeah I dont have anything under any of my account options, if I am looking in the right place...lol. I was going to upgrade the version, but it looks like 5.5 was the only version that was reliable to use on a Dell Poweredge 2900....... May need to look at another solution.

Thanks for the reply

0 Kudos
rdc3
Contributor
Contributor

My evaluation license has expired, ESXi 5.5.0 on my old Dell Inc. PowerEdge R210 II, and I can't boot any machine. I can't upgrade, and for the use I give it it was worth it... Do I have any options?

0 Kudos