VMware Cloud Community
RBrolin
Contributor
Contributor

ESXi 5.1 HP branded installed on USB stick not showing Hard Drive Health

I have installed the HP branded ESXi 5.1 on several HP servers. The ones that I have used the internal SD card show the Hard Drive health status.

The ones that I have installed using the internal USB have shown the hard drives in the Health status for a short time and then have disappeared.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why the hard drives have stopped showing up in the Health status? Servers are 2 ML350 G5's and 1 ML350 G6.

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
EdWilts
Expert
Expert

There's a bug that causes the agents to die.  If you connect to the host and restart the host agents, does the health come back?

Make sure that you have latest HP ESXi Offline Bundle installed.  There was an update released on February 20 that suposedly has a fix for this.

.../Ed (VCP4, VCP5)
0 Kudos
RBrolin
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your response. When I reboot the Host server the drives show up again but then disappear within an hours time. I am using an HP branded install named "hp-esxi5.0uX-bundle-1.3.5-3'. I downloaded it in July. Whats strange is that I have installed it on 5 ML350 G6 servers. 4 of which I used the internal SD card and they work fine. It is only the 1 that I used the USB stick that has the issue. The 2 others that I have the same problem with are ML350 G5's that do not have internal SD so I had to use the USB stick. I will try the latest version of the HP ESX install and post the results.

Thank you again.

0 Kudos