VMware Cloud Community
ami857
Contributor
Contributor

ESXi 5.0 wwwn's are changed

I have installed ESXi 5.0 on an IBM Blade HS 21 XM (type 7995) using the boot on SAn option. The boot disk (size 3 GB)for the ESXi 5.0 I have created on IBM disk system DS 3400 with fiber channel conectivity. the installation went OK

After I have created the vCenter Server5 using another array on the IBM DS 3400and I have added the host to the datacenter the ESXi 5.0 appears with a warnig sign (as in the attachement)

I have installed ESXi 4.1 on another IBM HS 21 XM with boot on SAN (the same DS 3400) but I have no warnig at all and it is working for more than 1 year. Boteh Blade's servers IBM HS21 XM are on the same IBM BladeCenter H sharing the same IBM DS 3400

When I connect to the ESXi 5.0 host directly with the VSphere Client I have no warning sign.

Can I use this host in production enviroment?

Error.PNG

I have made the third installation using this time a 15 GB disk on  IBM DS 3400 thinking that the others are small (I used 3 and 5 GB disks) I have the same error

0 Kudos
3 Replies
kinder83
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Ami857, do you have any update about your situation? Have you put the blade hs21 with esx5 in production?

Have you discovered any other problem?

Please let me know because I have to decide if I can migrate the host from esx 4.1.0 u3 to 5.1

Kind regards

0 Kudos
William22
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi

Welcome to the communities.

Seems environment is working fine .

you can put it to production environment one by one instead of at a time .

"With normal actions you get normal  results."
0 Kudos
ami857
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I put ESX 5.1 on a IBM HS21 with no errors and it is working very fine. You can use also the IBM customize image of ESX 5.1 from IBM site

0 Kudos