VMware Cloud Community
sodasin
Contributor
Contributor

ESXi 5.0 with QLogic HBA & EqualLogic

Good Morning,

There have been some issues I have been seeing with the latest revision of ESXi 5.0 and QLogic HBAs that I have wondered if anyone else has seen or been able to figure out.  I have a setup that consists of 3 Dell PowerEdge R810's with 1 QLogic 4062c HBA adapter each running ESXi 5.0 latest revision build 504890 and Dell EqualLogic PS6000 series SANs.   After upgrading to the latest version I installed the Qla4xxx.o version 624.01.32-1vmw driver via Update Manager to each of the hosts as mentioned here:

http://www.vmware.com/resources/compatibility/detail.php?deviceCategory=io&productid=12701&deviceCat...

However after (or before) installing these drivers if you go to configure your Storage Adapters and try and make a change, such as change the IP address and try to apply it, it doesn't allow you to change it and an error pops up.  The only way I can get any setting to take is if I go into the Qlogic settings via the bootup menu (Ctrl+Q).  One thing I have noticed is it does not do this with the older build of ESXi 5.0 build 469512 and the patch, it will show the proper IP and allow you to change it.  My question is, is this something that's going to be fixed soon or has anyone else experienced this issue and know a way to resolve it?

0 Kudos
0 Replies