VMware Cloud Community
ChainBridge
Contributor
Contributor

ESXi 5.0 virtual machine problem - 2 networks, 1 adapter

I recently upgraded from ESX 4 to ESXi 5.  As a part of this process I had to move my VMs from an ESX 4 host to an ESXi 5 host.  Everything went smoothly for the most part, but one of my machines is exhibiting a strange problem.  I only have one adapter configured for the guest VM and the "CBBLAN" vSwitch is selected, however in the VM summary and host configuration display, it says that the guest is also connected the the "VM Network" vSwitch, which is supposed to just be for management.

vmware_2networks.png

In this screenshot you can see the VM settings in the foreground and the summary in the background.  Notice on the left how it says the machine belongs to both networks, but in the settings window there is only one adapter, and it is assigned to "CBBLAN". Does anyone know how to correct this. I have searched online and in the forums and I haven't been able to find anything yet.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Welcome to the Community,

this is most likely due to the VM running on snapshots and one of the snapshots was connected to the other vSwitch. Once the snapshots are deleted, the "phantom" vSwitch will disappear.

André

ChainBridge
Contributor
Contributor

That did the trick!  Thanks.

0 Kudos