VMware Cloud Community
Softcell
Contributor
Contributor

ESXi 5.0 Total Lock down Mode

Hi,

We are having ESXi 5.0 in our environment with Vcenter 5.1.

Since last week we are facing issue with our two ESXi 5.0 servers which is automatically disconnected from vcenter.We have not done any changes on ESXi & vCenter before this issue occurred.

To check the issue we cannot get Direct User console, SSH & local ESXi server access as well.

When welog in as root directly to DCUI we are getting below message:

Authentication denied. Direct console access has been disabled by the administrator for <my server name>.

We have gone through the few ref. links on Internet and came to know that the issue occurred because of Total Lock Down Mode enabled but not found exact cause how it's enabled automatically.

Can anyone help me on this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

kaps

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Dave_Mishchenko
Immortal
Immortal

Have you reviewed the Events view to see if any errors were reported for the host?  Any chance you were running the host with an evaluation license?

0 Kudos
Hamedsrv
Contributor
Contributor

hi

first i Sorry, my English is not well

after install Vcenter server i turned on SSO and total louk down mode is on

I installed Vcenter one of the main host disks and without backup.Because I just installed it . Anyway, the disk crashed and Vcenter server disappeared and I have no anyway to connect to the server or VM's.

DIRECT CONSOLE :

Direct console access has been disabled by the administrator and vcenter is lost

hi

first i Sorry, my English is not well

after install Vcenter server i turned on SSO and "full louk down mode" is on

I installed Vcenter one of the main host disks and without backup.Because I just installed it . Anyway, the disk crashed and Vcenter server disappeared and I have no anyway to connect to the server or VM's.

1- DIRECT CONSOLE DCUI :  Direct console access has been disabled by the administrator              and Vcenter is lost

2- SSH : is disable

3- Vmware cliant : No response

how i can access the host or vms

0 Kudos
bigvern2
Contributor
Contributor

We had 6.5 hosts and had an outage, when the esxi hosts cam back online one of them was in this exact state - total lock down - we had not changed anything either in vcenter or esxi etc. (previously we had ssh access, dcui ,,no lockdown at all)

logged a support call and was simply told to reboot the esxi server - we did this and all access was restored (ie. we didn't have to re-enable ssh etc. all the settings reverted back to where they were prior to the outage)

this only happened to one host, I suspect it may have been restarting the services after the outage to get the ESXi server back into the cluster (it had been disconnected), somehow during this it went into total lockdown, All the VMs continued running on the ESXi server without issue, it's just we couldnt manage it in any way, we had to shut down the VMs via the OS to provide a garceful shutdown prior to reboot (as obv. couldnt access VMware tools)

0 Kudos