VMware Cloud Community
mgeissmann
Contributor
Contributor

ESXi 5.0.0 inconsistent after versionsupdate

I have updated a ESXi host 5.0.0 build 623860 to build 2509828. Now in the GUI accessed from VSphere client it shows 2509828 but if I access the host from the webpage with the IP it shows me still 623860. From annother client in the network I cannot access the host neither by VSphere client nor webpage. 

Does anybody have an idea what went wrong and how to resolve this problem?

many thanks Markus

0 Kudos
6 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

How exactly did you update the host?

André

0 Kudos
Virtual_EZ
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The vSphere Web Client data might be cached. Can you try to log out of the vSphere Web Client, close the browser, then log back in?

There are many reasons why you might not be able to access from another client. I'd start with basic network troubleshooting - name resolution, firewall, etc. What error message(s) do you receive?

0 Kudos
mgeissmann
Contributor
Contributor

I changed the ESXi Server into Service mode and then startet the update via the installabel version which I did donwload from VMWare Website.

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

0 Kudos
mgeissmann
Contributor
Contributor

The access from any client in the network (no firewall etc.) is not possible to this ESXi but I can access annother ESXi host without problem. The only way to access this ESXi host is to access a virtual server via teamviewer which is installed on this host and then open a VSphere client. This is really strange.

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Unless I'm mistaken, the information on the web interface shows the originally installed profile, regardless of any updates you applied. This should be the same as showing on the host's Summary (Übersicht).

Regarding the access issue, please double-chek the host's network settings (Configuration -> DNS and Routing) to ensure there's no incorrect setting (or typo) in e.g. the Default Gateway address or subnet mask.

André

0 Kudos
mgeissmann
Contributor
Contributor

Yes you are right the web interface shows  the originally installed version. I have checked the network settings everything is O.K. The problem with no access occured right after the ESXi update.

0 Kudos